To provide effective, high quality, faith-based addictions services, resources and support to women seeking recovery from substance abuse. To provide necessary support and nurture to those in need, encourage, and create an atmosphere in which women can develop into confident, capable, healthy contributing members of our local community.
Mission Heart Station
Mission Heart is a faith based sober living community and currently operates two residential women’s group homes in South Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our group homes Mission Heart Station and Hope Villa are both located in residential neighborhoods and serve women recovering from substance abuse and other addictions.
The homes operate as a three-quarter way house, which means that residents govern themselves in a democratic fashion with on-site and off-site leadership. Our homes are structured living environments for women reentering our local community.
Our organization ask for a one year commitment to our program. Our residents participate in the following classes and programs and are required to find employment or attend school and are encouraged to reunite with their children.
Family is extremely important to Mission Heart. We encourage women to reunite with their families. Children are welcome to visit with their mothers. Mission Heart wants the bond reformed through love, support and spirituality. We offer the opportunity for women to learn to be a part of their families again; to show the love they have to offer.
We love our women and want to help them grow into the women and mothers God wants them to be. So, Mission Heart will be having a parenting class beginning this May. Summer begins with a mother and children’s swimming party and ends with a shopping spree! We will be having 8 weekly group parenting classes. Mothers will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the class. As summer draws to a close and the school year is once again upon us, we will be having a mother and children’s shopping spree (school supplies and clothing)!
The women of Mission Heart are urged to be active in the community. Mission Heart can help change your life. Activities include:
- Worship services, Church Fellowship and Bible Teachings.
- 12 step fellowship & meetings including AA, Over-comers, Celebrate Recovery etc.
- Health Club Membership and nutrition guidance.
- Spiritual Guidance, Mentoring, Sponsorship.
- Monthly Workshops including life-skills, budgeting, finance, & parenting.
- Art, jewelry, and gardening.
- Other activities include group dinners, sporting events, Christian concerts, conventions, retreats and many other sober group activities.
Available to residents:
- Tobacco treatment and nicotine replacement therapy
- Individual Counseling
We can help. It is our hope that we, the staff and volunteers of Mission Heart, will be able to help you along in your transition from substance abuse to a fulfilling life as a productive member of society. Our intent is to provide clean and affordable housing coupled with structure to any woman who decides that she is ready and willing to change her life for the better. We can help. Contact one of our team.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, that the belief in Jesus as God’s only son and that His death and shed blood on the cross is the only thing that can pay the complete price for our sins.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the barrenness of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
ChaCha, the Mission Heart Mascot
2018 Mission Heart Gala
A big thanks to Nita Mulvanah and Butch Calamia for making the Gala a wonderful experience for everyone at Mission Heart. It was a beautiful night and a great opportunity for all the beautiful women living at Mission Heart. The Gala is a time to honor those who work behind the scenes, the men, women, businesses, churches who donate their time, their skills, and most of all their love to help each woman in her new season of life.
Monday Night Activities