Mission Heart is a safe, loving, and life changing place – the perfect place to start your journey back into society. We are a group of women who are self-governing with on-site and off-site leadership. We provide love and support for each other in friendship, prayer, and mentorship. Mission Heart began in 2000 with the vision to provide a safe living environment for women in crisis. It is our desire to nurture women back into society by not only providing for their physical needs – but also by supporting and encouraging their relationship with God. It all started with the house known as Mission Heart Station, and then quickly grew to include Hope Villa, and now we’ve our house for leaders, Agape.
Women come to Mission Heart from all walks of life. Most ladies arrive from our local community. The residents work together to keep a clean, welcoming home. Not only do our women grow spiritually, but also as a family, becoming lifelong friends who hold each other accountable to God’s calling on each of their lives.
Weekly activities include Bible study, church, and 12-step meetings. The women of Mission Heart are urged to be active in the community. Mission Heart can help change your life. Please contact us. We would love for you to be part of the family.
Mission Heart is a faith based sober living community and currently operates three residential women’s group homes in South Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our group homes Mission Heart Station and Hope Villa are located next to each other in residential neighborhoods and serve women recovering from substance abuse and other addictions. Across the street is Agape, our home for women who have lived at Mission Heart awhile, accomplished their goals, and are peer leaders and mentors to the ladies in the other houses.
The homes operate as a three-quarter way house, which means that residents govern themselves in a democratic fashion with on-site and off-site leadership. Our homes are structured living environments for women reentering our local community. We feel that immense growth and change can happen in a year. This is why we ask for a one year commitment to our program. Let us walk with you, support you, and nurture you in this first year of recovery.
Family is extremely important to Mission Heart. We encourage women to reunite with their families and children are welcome to visit with their mothers. Mission Heart wants the bond between mother and child re-formed through love, support and relationship with God. We offer the opportunity for women to learn to be a part of their families again and show the love they have to offer. We love our women and want to help them grow into the women and mothers God wants them to be. So, Mission Heart offers parenting classes and other helpful seminars throughout the year for education and support.
The women of Mission Heart are urged to be active in the community. Our residents participate in the classes and programs listed below and are required to find employment or attend school. Activities include:
- Worship services, Church Fellowship, and Bible Studies.
- 12 step fellowship & meetings including AA, Over-comers, Celebrate Recovery etc.
- Health Club Membership and nutrition guidance.
- Spiritual Guidance, Mentoring, Sponsorship.
- Monthly Workshops including life-skills, budgeting, finance, & parenting.
- Art, jewelry, and gardening.
- Other activities include group dinners, sporting events, Christian concerts, conventions, retreats and many other sober group activities.
Available to residents:
- Tobacco treatment and nicotine replacement therapy
- Individual Counseling
We can help. It is our hope that we, the staff and volunteers of Mission Heart, will be able to help you along in your transition from substance abuse to a fulfilling life as a productive member of society. Our intent is to provide clean and affordable housing coupled with structure to any woman who decides that she is ready and willing to change her life for the better. We can help. Contact one of our team.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, that the belief in Jesus as God’s only son and that His death and shed blood on the cross is the only thing that can pay the complete price for our sins.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the barrenness of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
Mission Heart Gala
The Gala was a beautiful night and a great opportunity for all the beautiful women living at Mission Heart. The Gala is a time to honor those who work behind the scenes, the men, women, businesses, churches who donate their time, their skills, and most of all their love to help each woman in her new season of life.